JOB TITLE: Account Manager
DEPARTMENT: Sales / Customer Success
REPORTS TO: Customer Success Manager
The Account Manager is responsible for all high-level relations with clients, including overall client satisfaction and management of client goals and expectations. The Account Manager will also leverage client relations to generate more company business. The Account Manager is responsible for providing leadership and management to a team responsible for day to day client services and issue resolutions. In addition, this position represents the company’s values, brand experience and reputation and is critical due to this individual’s handling of the company and clients’ highly confidential information. As such, the Account Manager must grow client confidence while adhering to contracts, Service Level Agreements (SLA), and maintaining high standards of ethics and confidentiality. The Account Manager must provide high quality, proactive, dedicated account management and support, and grow a portfolio of key clients.
- Monitoring, analyzing and developing the client’s business, strategy and competitor activity.
- Develop and implement strategy to grow the business of current clients, in line with management priorities.
- Preparing regular internal reports aligned with client needs, client performance and client’s revenue growth strategy.
- Aggressively pursues new ways to contribute to overall Land Gorilla profitability, cross selling and client satisfaction.
- Building relationships with clients and key decision makers, presenting regular reports to clients and acting as key point of contact for client’s upper level management.
- Ensure satisfaction to maintain client accounts and client retention.
- Directing team members in meeting client and company objectives.
- Act as point of contact for escalated issues.
- Manage and direct team members to properly resolve escalated order issues and complaints. Ensure that issues are resolved to the mutual satisfaction of Land Gorilla and the client.
- Work with team members to understand and proactively address client complaints and pain points.
- Work with management and operations on strategies and implementation to achieve client development goals.
- Effectively communicate and work with Operations to uphold SLA and provide feedback in the development of best practices, compliance, regulation, policies and procedures.
- Provides guidance to Account Executives on policies, procedures, issues and SLA.
- Works with Account Executives to resolve escalated and problem issues.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 3+ years demonstrated ability in a strategic sales role.
- Excellent relationship management skills and a good team leader.
- Excellent organizational skills; able to impose order and efficiency onto the management of a portfolio of client relationships.
- Interpret client needs into new reports and systems.
- Develop and implement strategies within a set timeline.
- Demonstrate time management skills by maintaining a plan in order to coordinate multiple projects and manage competing demands
- Proactive, driven, energetic, self-motivated, and eager to learn.
- Process-oriented with strict attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; responsive, manages internal and external client expectations, handles issues with sensitivity.
- Confidence and credibility, to be strong with clients when required.
- Commercial awareness; able to understand the nature of the client’s business and its politics.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with people across an organization and motivate them to help meet client requirements.
- A “can-do” approach, finding solutions to any issues that arise.
- Mortgage Industry knowledge preferred, but not required
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the departments.