CONSTRUCTION SUPPORT SPECIALIST
JOB TITLE: Construction Support Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Construction Loan Management
REPORTS TO: Construction Loan Management Division Manager
The Construction Support Specialist is responsible for providing support to Land Gorilla’s Construction Loan Management employees and customers engaged in pre-closing risk management services, post-closing loan administration and inspection services. Additionally, the Construction Loan management teams will be supported by the Construction Support Specialist with education, training, instructions and oversight. This position is instrumental in assisting customers with support in placing orders for Land Gorilla Services, understanding the nuances associated with the specific services, resolving service level issues and maintaining high quality standards.
- Ensure customer satisfaction to maintain customer retention.
- Provide training, education and support to our customers placing orders for services.
- Working with the various teams to adhere to Land Gorilla Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Performing cursory reviews on all new incoming orders for services.
- Ensure strict confidentiality regarding all business and customer matters/documents
- Adaptable to ever changing program guidelines and policies for FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, USDA and lender portfolio programs.
- Abide by construction lending “industry best practices”
- Resolve all issues to the satisfaction of Land Gorilla and the customer.
- Assist customers with technical issues related to Land Gorilla software
- Provide insights to operations into common customer issues, questions, and feedback.
- Responsible for vetting out the contractor's qualifications
- Collect and validate related documents
- Conduct contractor interviews
- Review contractor background checks for risk factors
- Validate license, insurance, State status, and other qualifying information
- Administer and monitor underwriting rules and and loan program guidelines
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 5 years of construction lending experience
- Strong organizational, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Understanding of AIA documents, Insurance, licensing, certifications and agreements
- Competency in reviewing title preliminary title reports, title searches, endorsements and equivalent.
- Demonstrate time management skills; maintaining a plan in order to coordinate multiple projects and manage competing demands
- Familiarity with construction and construction lending terminology
- Ability to problem solve and investigate within company guidelines.
- Excellent verbal and written etiquette
- Working collaboratively with a team to drive results
- Commanding understanding of the mortgage process, mortgage channels, and participant roles as it pertains to lending
- Understanding of consumer construction and renovation lending program guidelines
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the departments.