CUSTOMER SUCCESS MANAGER
JOB TITLE: Customer Success Manager
DEPARTMENT: Sales / Customer Success
REPORTS TO: Sales Operations Manager
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) is accountable for high level relations with customers to deliver ongoing support and guidance around business strategy and items after the sales cycle is completed. The CSM will lead a team of Account Managers who will focus on relationship building and proactively support activities that lead to overall customer satisfaction.
- Work with Account Executives and Onboarding team to transition new customers from the sales pipeline into the Customer Success phase.
- Participate in the onboarding process to help train additional account users via demos, presentations and webinars.
- Welcome new clients, educate them on product features and guide them through their first interactions; Ensuring the customer has the required information and knowledge to use our software to its fullest capabilities.
- Develop positive, ongoing business relationships with the Customer contacts at all levels
- Prioritize and drive resolution on escalated customer issues
- Respond quickly to clients through all channels (phone, communication log, email, etc)
- Proactively review key account metrics with clients and create goals for clients to hit and help them achieve those goals.
- Educate existing accounts on new features & tools while identifying target accounts for new opportunities.
- Work with Customer Support, Sales, and Marketing to articulate and monitor customer requests and feedback through the appropriate channels.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the industry
- Conduct regular business reviews with managed accounts.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 5+ years experience as a CSM, Account Manager, or other similar role, preferably with SaaS product(s).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; being able to be the customer's advocate.
- Ability to diagnose problems, think-quickly on your feet, problem-solve, and communicate eloquently.
- Genuine passion for helping teams succeed; Effectively balance competing priorities and make decisions that best support the team and the customer
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a rapidly-changing environment
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to build successful business relationships at all levels of management
- Proven ability to manage accounts and/or relationships on an ongoing basis.
- Skilled at identifying and forging relationships with decision makers and influential stakeholders
- Innately understand how to balance advocacy for the company and the customer
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the departments.