JOB TITLE: Data analyst
REPORTS TO: Operations Coordinator / CEO
The Data Analyst creates data systems, developing analysis and reporting capabilities in order to monitor company wide performance. Their aim is to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into suggestions for improvement. The Data Analyst will work with the management team in order to develop data, information and improvements.
- Work with the management team to identify Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for all pertinent Land Gorilla departments.
- Develop the tools to monitor and manage the KPIs of all pertinent Land Gorilla departments.
- Develop and maintain Quality Assurance protocols for each department.
- Develop data collection systems for Land Gorilla departments based off of KPIs and other measurement needs.
- Harvest and organize data into digestible formats.
- Develop hypothesis based on data interpretation and provide feedback on how to increase productivity and department effectiveness.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive the implementation and testing of hypotheses as well as the interpretation of the data and results.
- Present KPI’s and interesting metrics to Operations on a weekly basis.
- Work with management team to interpret data, information and suggestions.
- Work with Operations and management team to identify and develop hypotheses to test and implement.
- Present & communicate data, analysis and recommendations.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Effective facilitation of internal and external communication with strong interpersonal skills.
- Seek and accept feedback
- Self-starter and demonstrate initiative
- Results and action oriented
- Effective problem solving skills
- Service and teamwork oriented
- Focus on learning and self development
- Proven working experience as a data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the departments.