HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT
JOB TITLE: Human Resources Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Assistant supports the Human Resources Manager by administering tests, scheduling appointments, conducting orientation, maintaining records and information.
- Assist HR Manager with various research projects and/or special projects
- Helps conduct new employee orientations; ensuring all new hires understand our company policies and procedures
- Processes new hire paperwork and distribute required documents to respective departments.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Retain and organize all Human Resources filing.
- Ensures proper storage of all personnel files to maintain compliant record keeping practices.
- Complete external employment verifications and retain all documentation as needed.
- Provide secretarial support by entering, formatting, and printing information; organizing work; answering the telephone; relaying messages; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Other duties assigned by the HR Director
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 1-3+ years of administrative support, preferably in an an HR function
- Strong people skills and knowledge of common policies and procedures within Human Resources.
- Comfortable leading complex operational initiatives
- Excellent written, oral, and phone communication skills.
- Detailed oriented and results driven; able to define and analyze metrics
- Excellent problem-solving skills/analysis combined with ability to solve issues efficiently and quickly
- Experience with G Suite applications.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the departments.