HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
JOB TITLE: Human Resources Manager
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: CEO
The Human Resources Manager will lead and manage all facets of Human Resources for Land Gorilla. The Human Resources Manager will maintain and enhance Land Gorilla's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining all Human Resource functions
- Collaborate with Employees and Managers to ensure they are legally compliant in all matters pertaining to staffing and employment decisions.
- Formulate, articulate, and implement policies and guidelines to all employees as well as establish best practices and procedures.
- Administer the workers compensation program as well as investigate, track and manage all open claims.
- Responsible for compliance in HR policies and all federal, state and local laws and regulations related to Human Resources and Employment/Labor for all entities.
- Work with the Total Rewards Analyst (TRA) to administer all company benefit programs and implement compensation plans supported by the research of local market data for positions, evaluate job levels to ensure compensation programs remain competitive.
- Research and understand new employment statutes and requirements as well as implement new procedures to meet all compliance requirements.
- Work with Management and TRA to implement procedures and best practices for recruitment, retention, compensation, training, and benefits. Coordinate all internal training workshops.
- Maintain accurate personnel, human resources, and I-9 files compliant with federal and state regulations.
- Assists with training as needed by training team; owns orientation and onboarding.
- Work closely with Operations, Finance and Marketing staff for all HR related items.
- Work directly with Senior Management on strategic HR decisions.
- Keep Employee Manual up to date with latest policies, procedures and news.
- Working with senior management to identify and establish area's where culture needs to be implemented and/or improved; guide Managers to on Land Gorilla culture in HR decisions and communications.
- Oversight of HR supporting staff member
- Assist management staff in resolution of issues and concerns.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of HR or related work experience; PHR, SPHR or equivalent certification preferred.
- Strong people skills and experience dealing with employee issues, complaints, and legal requirements.
- Comfortable leading complex operational initiatives
- Excellent written, oral, and phone communication skills.
- Detailed-oriented and results driven; able to define and analyze metrics
- Excellent problem-solving skills/analysis combined with ability to solve issues efficiently and quickly
- Experience with G Suite applications.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the departments.