SALES OPERATIONS MANAGER
JOB TITLE: Sales Operations Manager
DEPARTMENT: Sales / Customer Success
REPORTS TO: CEO
The Sales Operations Manager will directly manage the sales team and is responsible for the overall product sales and new customer acquisition.
- Responsible for managing a high-performing sales team
- Drive sales strategy in partnership with the stakeholders to attain sales and profit quotas
- Develop and deliver effective sales presentations to potential customers
- Coordinates the involvement of sales support personnel and/or leadership to ensure customer expectations are met
- Proactively inspects sales activity and the effort of self and the sales team to ensure that the quality and quantity meets company expectations
- Works with leadership and other departments to ensure strategic and business objectives are met by self and the sales team
- Forecasts the efforts of sales team accurately and timely
- Builds peer support and strong internal company relationships with other key management personnel
- Establishes a productive relationship with marketing through frequent communication, collaboration, and the effective allocation of marketing investment in the marketplace managed
- Prioritizes coaching and performance efforts to have the greatest overall impact on business results
- Identifies deficiencies in skills of team members, and works to improve individual’s capabilities through coaching, development, and training
- Hires and develops sales team, utilizing company human resources guidelines and support resources
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives
- Positively impacts the performance of individual sales team members by implementing and managing sales and support tools, including training programs, productivity initiatives, account and territory planning methodologies, and client communication tools
- Meets assigned team quotas for sales, profits, and strategic objectives
- Accountable for the thorough implementation of all client related initiatives among sales personnel managed
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of company support resources in the client base managed by the assigned team
- Achieves strategic team objectives defined by company management
- Implements effective coaching and development of direct reports
- Coordinates company executive involvement with client management
- Works closely with Client Success and Marketing to ensure client satisfaction and high levels of sales support
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience implementing sales best practices and methodology.
- Effective management of CRM tools.
- Experience leading a sales team – managing a disciplined sales process, mentoring internal team members, offering hands on assistance with closing deals and recruiting new talent to the team
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strategic thinker with ability to set clear sales goals, maintain and analyze sales metrics.
- Must be able to address objections and clearly convey our value proposition within our product offering.
- 3-5 years of successful sales experience
- 2 years of managing an inside sales team
- Successful track record of meeting sales goals
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the departments.