JOB TITLE: Software Engineer
REPORTS TO: CTO
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for developing information systems by studying operations; designing, developing and installing software solutions; supporting and managing the software team. Also in this role, you are responsible for the development of the front-facing aspects, back-end implementation and the SQL model of the website, as well as in-house, non-web applications and provide support for in-house and cloud-based hardware.
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions
- Work with projects and manage them to meet specific needs
- Recommend software upgrades to optimize operational efficiency
- Collaborate with other developers to design and optimize code
- Document all programming tasks and procedures
- Perform routine software maintenance
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Conducts regular systems analysis and recommends any necessary changes in policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Previous experience in software development, computer engineering, or other related fields
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Degree in Computer Science or Informatics given priority
- Coaching skills
- Previous management experience required
- Project Management
- Program Development
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the departments.