USER INTERFACE DESIGNER
JOB TITLE: User Interface Designer
REPORTS TO: CTO
The User Interface Designer (UID) will design a user interface that looks good, functions well, and stays within budget to maximize profit. This role is responsible for identifying areas of opportunity for new enhancements and/or new technologies. These decisions and recommendations are based on the UID's in-depth knowledge of the market and customer needs that align with strategic objectives of the business
- Modify user interface in accordance with feedback from users and test groups conducted by user researcher.
- Review budget and monthly expenditures to better understand costs.
- Work closely with other product specialists and product managers.
- Consider usability when designing new enhancements.
- Partner with Brand Designers, User Researchers and Product Manager to gather insights, test, and work on designs
- Sketch task flows, process flows, and page flows
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and provide improvements
- Collaborate with Brand Designers and Product Manager to set a design style guide
- Communicate closely with User Researchers on what is needed and communicate findings to the Development team
- Facilitate brainstorming and co-design activities with internal groups and clients
- Build product strategy, thinking beyond just incremental features
- Help establish preliminary processes to align cross-functional teams
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Bachelor's degree in UI Design or 3+ years experience in UI Design.
- Demonstrated experience in a team environment.
- Experience designing new software products or complex web applications.
- Experience in object-oriented UX design.
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the departments.