JOB TITLE: User Researcher
REPORTS TO: CTO
As a User Researcher, you’ll be responsible for driving the strategy and building a compelling user experience for our customers. You’ll work with all levels in a heavily customer-focused role, specializing in visual and interactive design. The candidate should have experience conducting usability testing, rendering designs based off of input and analyzing user feedback. Experience working with developers is required.
- Work collaboratively with all levels to identify opportunities for innovation, advancement, and efficiency.
- Ensure that all end products meet the requirements of the business.
- Identify customer needs and create product designs centered on common customer practices as well as their wants
- Improve and document current working practices, products, and technologies.
- Educate the team on best practices, industry trends and evolving technologies.
- Provide insights on where user needs are not being met and make recommendations on ongoing product strategy.
- Make decisions based on platform-specific standards and best practices
- Be a champion for our customers best interests from beginning to end.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in user-centered design or at least three years’ experience in user interface design on multiple platforms, including visual design and user testing.
- Ability to prototype work using prototyping tools or code
- Communicate design rationale to stakeholders and continuously advocate for the end user
- Demonstrates passion for creativity and finding solutions
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop is preferred.
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the departments.